About family day care educators
Family day care educators are early childhood education and care professionals who engage in the principles and practices of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and work within the requirements of the National
In order to provide a safe educational environment for children, there are requirements for all educators to:
- Be registered with an approved family day care service
- Hold or be actively working towards a Certificate Ill* level education and care qualification.
- Meet national quality standards which include maintaining quality individualised learning programs, safe and hygienic learning environments, record keeping and qualifications.
- Maintain current first aid and CPR certificates and training in the emergency management of asthma and anaphylaxis.
- Maintain a clearance for working with children.
- Participate in regular support and monitoring visits conducted by their approved service.
- Attend training, meetings and workshops periodically to maintain currency of skills and knowledge.
- Maintain current public liability insurance coverage.
To find family day care in your area, click here.
* Educators in South Australia must hold a certificate Ill level education and care qualification