Good quality training and professional development is crucial to increase knowledge and skills.
All family day care educators will need to hold or be working towards, at least, a Certificate III in Children's Services.
Most family day care services provide a variety of mandatory and professional development training for their educators. Learning must be on-going in order to improve current practices and it is the responsibility of the educator to ensure they access appropriate professional learning opportunities.
Family Day Care Australia also provides a range of services, support and member benefits such as:
- Exclusive FDCA Member Zone access which includes Family Day Care Australia's Professional Learning Portal
- Expert early childhood, management and operations phone support for educators and services
- Exclusive members-only access to high quality resources developed specifically for the family day care sector and members-only content on the FDCA website to support you in your work
- FREE listing on our family day care locator to help you reach parents directly and promote your family day care business
- FREE registration at FDCA National Engagement Program networking and professional development forums
- Access to discounted member prices for insurance products including loyalty discounts on insurance packages (after 12 months of membership)
- Access to discounted rates if you purchase your National Police Check through FDCA
- An annual subscription to JiGSAW magazine – the only family day care specific magazine in Australia – delivered direct to your home or office, valued at $50
- A FREE subscription to Family Day Care Australia's weekly e-newsletter and bulletins to keep you up to date
- The opportunity to participate in the Excellence in Family Day Care Awards
- Access to discounted family day care legal services subscriptions
- Access to premium funding arrangements that help you manage your budget by spreading the payments of membership and a range of insurance products when taken together
- Member discounts to conferences, forums and other family day care events
You can also give Family Day Care Australia a call, on 1800 658 699, and we will be able to assist in your enquiry and point you in the right direction.