Much like educators in other early childhood service types, family day care educators are required to hold a few important qualifications and documents, which you can read more about here.
What makes family day care unique is that educators provide care from their own homes as their own boss, with the support of their family daycare service.
Your local service will provide you with all the tools to succeed, both initially and in an ongoing capacity. This will include:
- Policies and procedures to guide the operation of your business
- Forms and templates to help you comply with early childhood education requirements
- Home visits to assess the safety of your premises and assist you to create an enriching and nurturing space for children
- Opportunities for professional development and training
But remember – this is your business, which means you’re the star of the show! As a family day care educator, you’ll be responsible for things like:
- Setting up the learning environment each day
- Creating exciting educational programs and activities for the children
- Making a fee schedule and deciding on the hours you want to work
- Following best practice in accordance with the National Quality Framework
To find out if family day care is for you, take our interactive quiz!
To start your next adventure in helping little minds do big things, Apply Now!