About family day care
Family day care is approved child care that truly focuses on each individual child’s development, while providing high quality early learning in an educator’s own home.
In small groups, children will enjoy a natural approach to play and discovery, and form genuine lasting bonds with their qualified and passionate early childhood educator, while you will enjoy peace of mind knowing your child is happy in a nurturing, natural and flexible home learning environment.
When choosing care for your child, family day care isn’t just the right choice — it’s the natural one.
How is it similar to centre based child care?
- Family day care provides early childhood education and care services for children across Australia.
- Family day care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of child care; incorporating National Regulations, National Quality Standards educational frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
- Parents are eligible for the same Federal Government Child Care Subsidy.
How is it different to other forms of child care?
- Your child’s education and care is provided by an individual educator who is an early childhood education and care professional, operating within their own home.
- Educators work with small groups of no more than four children under school age* at any one time.
- Educators work with an approved service that carries out regular visits to monitor the children’s individual development and provide support.
To find family day care in your area, click here.
* An educator may care for 3 additional school age children, outside of school hours