National Family Day Care Week is about recognising and promoting the important role family day care educators and services play in the development and well being of more than 107,000 children across Australia.
National Family Day Care Week is integral in raising the image and profile of family day care. The annual celebration generates nationwide media, highlighting the many unique benefits of family day care and positioning our sector as a high quality, flexible early childhood education and care option for Australian families.
Why should you get involved?
- To celebrate the uniqueness and individuality of all children in your family day care community - remember, “every child is a star”
- Acknowledge and celebrate the valuable contribution of the family day care sector and its vital place in the early childhood education and care landscape
- Be a part of something bigger! This is a chance for educators and services from right around the country to unite and feel a sense of connectedness and belonging
- It allows you to engage and build relationships within your local community
- To help create positive media and public awareness and raise the image and profile of the sector.
Register your National Family Day Care Week Picnic
This year we're encouraging all educator and services to hold their own National Family Day Care Week picnic during the week.
By registering your picnic here, FDCA can send a media release to your local media outlets to create positive media about family day care and share family day care's unique benefits with all Australians.