Motor Vehicle Insurance

With FDCA's in-depth knowledge of family day care and in-home care, we have negotiated a range of motor vehicle insurance policies to meet the unique needs of family day care and in-home care.

FDCA has negotiated a specific endorsement which covers the operation of the motor vehicle for the family day care business. The endorsement allows for:

  • Vehicle usage being defined as private, but allowing for minor commercial usage in relation to the family day care business
  • Carrying of passengers for hire, fare, reward in relation to the family day care business
  • Child seats are covered up to $650 per seat*
Click here to get a motor vehicle insurance quote

Pay for your motor vehicle quote or renewal online

If you have received a new quote or have a renewal to pay, then please click on the button below to pay for your policy online.

Pay for your motor vehicle insurance quote or renewal

Did you know?

A change of circumstances can void your insurance cover if you fail to notify your insurer!

Concerns about motor vehicle insurance may apply if you use your car to transport children in care as part of your childcare service. Your insurer may not cover you if you use your car for both personal and business purposes.

Other significant issues may occur if you charge a separate fee for transport as many insurers will view that as two separate businesses – a childcare business and a separate transportation business and may require you to take out a commercial policy to cover the transportation business.

To find out if your insurer will still cover you once you start your home based childcare service we recommend you contact your insurer and ask the following questions:


  1. I now operate a Family Day Care business and am paid to care for children. Some of the activities such as school runs and excursions will involve taking the children in the car. Will you still cover my car under a private use motor vehicle policy?
    FDCA Answer: Yes.
  2. If I charge a separate fee to transport the children eg to and from school, on excursions etc will you still cover my car under a private use motor vehicle policy?
    FDCA Answer: Yes, as long as it is only minor commercial usage.
  3. I may have a number of child safety seats and booster seats to cater for the range of children I have in care. Will you cover the child seats on the policy?
    FDCA Answer: Yes, but they must be listed on the policy.
  4. If I have an accident and I am unable to use the car, will you cover the cost to hire a car?
    FDCA Answer: Yes, if you have selected this option.
  5. Will you send me a letter confirming that you have noted my family day care/in-home care business on my motor vehicle policy?
    FDCA Answer: FDCA only offers a policy that is endorsed to cover family day care and in-home care activities.

If you are not satisfied with the answers from your current insurer get a quote from Family Day Care Australia.

If you have any further questions, please call 1800 658 699.

Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

Click here to download the Allianz Product Disclosure Statement.

Click here to download the Blue Zebra Insurance Product Disclosure Statement.

*For comprehensive motor policies only, Allianz limit per child seat is up to $650 per seat, Blue Zebra Insurance child seats covered up to a total value of $1,000. Refer to the PDS for the full terms and conditions of the policy.


The motor vehicle insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. Family Day Care Australia ABN 93 094 436 021 AFSL 329 616 receives commission for arranging this insurance. For full details see our Financial Services Guide (FSG). Because we don’t know your financial needs, we can’t advise if this insurance will suit you and we do not take into account your personal circumstances. The information we provide is general in nature only. You should consider your needs and read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision to buy this insurance. Please call us on 1800 658 699 for a copy of the FSG and PDS.