Home/Contents and Landlords Insurance

As your national peak body for family day care, we know it is important that we continue to support our members and the sector to the highest possible standard. Together with you we are working towards a stronger future for family day care.

It is with this in mind that we want to ensure that you have the best possible protection for your family day care business. With a range of home and contents insurance policies designed specifically for family day care, Family Day Care Australia has you covered.

Click here to get a home and contents quote

Pay for your home and contents quote or renewal online

If you have received a new quote or have a renewal to pay, then please click on the button below to pay for your policy online.

Pay for your home and contents quote or renewal

Are you covered?

Did you know that many insurance companies’ standard home and contents policies won’t cover you if you’re running a business from home? Even if the claim isn’t business related!

Family Day Care Australia’s home and contents policies endorse family day care. This means you can be assured that running a family day care business won’t have an impact on a claim you make.

Range of cover

We don’t just offer a one size fits all policy for all family day care educators. We have a variety of home and contents policies designed to meet the different needs and budgets of family day care educators.

We can also provide business interruption cover which will cover any loss of gross income if your business suffers damage or interruption by an insured event*.

In addition, you can select the option to be covered for increased costs^ of working, for example, if you were required to lease alternate premises whilst your family day care premises was being repaired and the new premises needed to be modified in order to run your family day care business.

Currently renting?

If you’re renting, our range of policies can also meet your contents insurance needs. We can also assist with landlords insurance and provide resources to give your landlord more information about the benefits of having a family day care educator as a tenant.

To download a copy of a PDF resource that you can pass onto your landlord, please click here. Alternatively, if you would like more information about landlords insurance, please call 1800 658 699.

Are you a landlord?

Are you a landlord who has a family day care educator wanting to conduct their business from your home?

FDCA can provide you with a landlord policy that:

  • has the family day care business automatically noted on the policy
  • offers the option for loss of rent cover
  • provides competitive premiums

To receive a quote for a landlord policy for your home, simply click on the button below.

Click here to get a landlord insurance quote

Claims form

Amazon HomeBiz Property Claim Form

Want to know more?

If you would like more information about our range of home and contents insurance policies please contact us on 1800 658 699 or email

*Insured events include Fire, Lightning, Impact of vehicles, Storm, Flood (if selected) and water damage.

^As per the sum insured


For full details see our Financial Services Guide (FSG). Because we do not know your financial needs, we can’t advise if this insurance will suit you and we do not take into account your personal circumstances. The information we provide is general in nature only. You should consider your needs and read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision to buy this insurance.