When placing a nomination for the Coordinator of the Year Award you may wish to consider:
- How does the coordinator support you or your service in delivering quality outcomes for children?
- How does the coordinator engage with educators and/or service staff and work collaboratively?
- What is unique about the coordinator and why should they be selected as the National Coordinator of the Year
The submission criteria for the Excellence in Family Day Care Awards is shaped by the findings of the Perspectives on Quality in Australian Family Day Care research project. This project established an evidence base of key foundations that underpin quality in family day care including professional practice, relationships, flexibility, autonomy and diversity and social support.
Submissions received by coordinators will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- How do you demonstrate professional practice and utilise your knowledge of Early Childhood Pedagogy in your role as a coordinator?
- Please explain how you foster empowered, mutually respectful relationships with educators and service staff, and what impacts has your approach had on educators and your service?
- How do you embrace and support flexibility (in curriculum development or otherwise) for educators in your service, and how does this support quality outcomes for children?
Additional criteria for the Star Awards
The Emerging Star - The winner of the award must have started their role no earlier than 1 January 2019.
The Perpetual Star - The winner of the award must have worked in the family day care sector for a period of at least 15 years.