Family Day Care Australia is celebrating excellence in family day care by recognising outstanding educators across the country.
We want you to tell us why your educator deserves to be recognised for their excellent service. You may wish to consider:
- How does the educator support your child's or other children's learning and development?
- How does the educator demonstrate a professional approach to your child’s or other children's early childhood education and care?
- What is unique about the educator and why should they be selected as the National Educator of the Year?
Selection Criteria for Supporting Submissions
The submission criteria for the Excellence in Family Day Care Awards is shaped by the findings of the Perspectives on Quality in Australian Family Day Care research project. This project established an evidence base of key foundations that underpin quality in family day care including professional practice, relationships, flexibility, autonomy and diversity and social support.
Submissions received by educators will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- How do you demonstrate professional practice in your work as a family day care educator.
- Explain how your relationships with children and families influence quality outcomes for children in your family day care and how you foster and strengthen these relationships?
- How do you embrace flexibility (in curriculum development or otherwise), and the diversity of children and families in your family day care, and how does this support quality outcomes for children?
Additional criteria for the Star Awards
The Emerging Star - The winner of the award must have started their role no earlier than 1 January 2021.
The Perpetual Star - The winner of the award must have been registered with the family day care sector for a period of at least 15 years.