Family Day Care Australia is celebrating excellence in family day care by recognising outstanding services across the country.
We want you to tell us why your service deserves to be recognised. You may wish to consider:
- How does the service support you in delivering quality outcomes for children?
- How does the service engage educators and work collaboratively?
- Does the service undertake any unique or innovative approaches in educational practice or business management?
Selection Criteria for Supporting Submissions
In 2016 FDCA commissioned the Social Policy Research Centre at the University of New South Wales to undertake the Perspectives on Quality in Australian Family Day Care research project. From this project we have established an evidence base of key foundations that underpin quality in family day care including professional practice, relationships, flexibility, autonomy and diversity and social support.
It is these underpinnings that inform FDCA’s Perspectives on Quality in Australian Family Day Care resource and shape the criteria for the Excellence in Family Day Care Awards.
Submissions received by services will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- How is a commitment to professional practice demonstrated across your service and how does it deliver quality outcomes for children?
- How does your service foster empowered, mutually respectful relationships with educators, and what impacts has your approach had on your service, educators and children?
- How does your service embrace flexibility (in programming or otherwise), and the diversity of children and families in supporting quality outcomes for children?
Additional criteria for the Star Awards
The Emerging Star - The winner of the award must have commenced operating family day care after 1 July 2018.
The Perpetual Star - The winner of the award must have been operating as a family day care sector for a period of at least 15 years.