Research is increasingly making links between the food we eat and our physical health and wellbeing, mood and mental health. Eating nutritious foods helps combat tiredness and fatigue, can give your immune system a boost and improve your concentration. There are also well-established positive connections between mood and sleep, and exercise and mood.1
Not surprisingly, the Internet is awash with tips to help people eat heathily! Here are some to consider:
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables;
- Investigate what Healthy food swaps you can make in your diet – they can make a huge difference to the quality of your diet;
- Cook from fresh as much as possible and avoid processed foods;
- If buying ready-made meals or meal bases, check food labels for hidden sugars, fats and additives; and
- Avoid using alcohol as your usual way of de-stressing.