Eid Mubarak to our amazing Muslim educators, coordinators and services!
Eid al-Adha is just around the corner, a time of gratitude, generosity and celebration for Muslim communities across Australia and the world.
Also known as the Feast of Sacrifice, Eid al-Adha honours the importance of faith and family in our lives, as embodied by the Prophet Ibrahim in his service to Allah (swt), and will be observed based on the sighting of the moon from the evening of Friday 8 July 2022 to Monday 11 July 2022, or Tuesday for some.
For all of our members, Eid al-Adha is an opportunity to share in years of rich traditions and history with children, families and fellow family day care colleagues.
If you’d like more information on this year’s Eid al-Adha celebrations, we encourage you to visit: https://afic.com.au/2022/07/eid-al-adha-2022/
For information sharing ideas for children, consider some of the resources available at https://www.twinkl.com.au/event/eid-al-adha--2022
Have YOU logged into FDCA’s brand new Learning Hub?
We’ve partnered with Early Childhood Australia (ECA) to provide our members with access to over 25 online courses, housed on our brand-new Learning Hub!
Professional development that “speaks the language” of educators
Like you, we strive for ongoing excellence and quality outcomes for more Australian children – and we know that the best way to make that happen is to support our members to learn, grow and share their expertise.
Here are just some of the exciting new modules you’ll be able to access on the Learning Hub:
· Playing with gratitude;
· Supporting children's self-regulation;
· Reconciliation in action;
· Using critical reflection;
· Maths is everywhere; and
· Delving deeper into documenting and assessing.
Best of all, each module can be completed from the comfort of your home, or in the company of your colleagues, at a pace that suits you.
Accessing the Learning Hub
Access is at your fingertips, through the FDCA Member Zone.
Watch our video tutorial here to help you navigate the Learning Hub.
What if I haven’t activated my FDCA Member Zone?
To activate your online account:
- Click here to activate your free account (for the best experience, use the latest Chrome browser)
- Enter your registered email address
- An email will then be sent to your email address; click on the 'create password' button
- Create and confirm your password
- Click here to login and enter your FDCA Member Zone.
Work with FDCA! Seeking a Sector Liaison Coordinator - Full Time Role
We’re on the hunt for a Sector Liaison Coordinator to join our friendly, welcoming and fun team!
The Sector Liaison Coordinator will be responsible for detailed and high-level engagement with members and act as the primary contact for practice related issues and enquiries.
They will also head up the delivery of ongoing, sequenced outbound member engagement programs.
What you will bring to the role
To succeed in the role, it is essential to have the following minimum qualifications, skills, and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the family day care and/or early childhood education and care sector
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Early Childhood Education and Care National Law and Regulations and the Child Care Subsidy System
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (your resume and cover letter will be considered as examples of your written communication)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Although we appreciate your enthusiasm to work with us, we ask that you only submit an application if you meet the above criteria.
What we can offer you in the role
As our Sector Liaison Coordinator, you will:
- Manage inbound and outbound member practice-based enquiries and discrete sector support projects
- Be part of the national peak body for family day care
- Have access to remote/hybrid working arrangements
- Help us work towards a stronger future for family day care
- Participate in a range of team activities and events
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to the criteria and duties by close of business this Saturday, 9 July 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable time to call.
Family Assistance Law survey closing this Sunday!
IPS Management Consultants (IPS) has been engaged by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE) to conduct an analysis relating to the ECEC sector's compliance learning needs.
The review aims to:
- Identify challenges and barriers to Family Assistance Law compliance learning; and
- Identify opportunities and preferences to support learning.
The aim of this survey is to collect information about your views and experiences with the Child Care Subsidy System (CCSS) to enable the Department to support understanding of educators and services when it comes to compliance obligations under Family Assistance Law.
We encourage you to complete the survey here before the deadline, this Sunday 10 July 2022.
Any information you provide will be deidentified and stored by IPS until completion of the project.
Family Day Care Legal Services
FDCA’s Family Day Care Legal Services provides you with access to a team of trusted legal professionals to have your back when you need it most.
FDCA have teamed up with Clyde & Co, a multi-award winning law firm and specialists in the family day care field, to provide our members with legal advice and resources tailored to their business.
For as little as $3.15 a week, you can access expert assistance to tackle a range of legal, regulatory and operational issues, helping you save precious time and money.
Click here to begin your legal services subscription today
One of our educators was able to begin the process of recovering over $4000 of debt through her Family Day Care Legal Services subscription - giving her much needed peace of mind and greater financial security.
FDCA’s Family Day Care Legal Services is just one of the ways that we are supporting you, our members, to feel confident that your business is in good hands!