FDCA Holiday Closure Information
The Family Day Care Australia (FDCA) national office will be closed from 5.00pm AEDT on Friday 23rd of December 2022 and will reopen at 9.00am AEDT on Tuesday the 3rd of January 2023.
Should your family day care insurance require renewal during this period or if you need to purchase a new family day care insurance policy, please visit our website at www.fdca.com.au. If you need to make an emergency claim, details of how to do this are located on our website here.
Otherwise please call our office on Tuesday the 3rd of January.
We wish all our members a safe and relaxing holiday season!
Update from the federal Department
Changes to inducements from 1 January 2023
From 1 January early childhood education and care providers may offer only certain types of inducements. An inducement is an incentive offered by a provider to secure, increase or maintain a child’s enrolment.
From 1 January inducements that are financial or not directly associated with the quality of provision of education or care services are NOT allowed. Examples of such inducements include:
- Cash or vouchers
- iPads, tablets or other electronic devices
- other gifts
Furthermore, a third party may not offer a family an inducement to enrol at your service either.
By 1 January, you MUST:
- stop offering inducements that are not allowed
- ensure any services or educators under your approval stop offering inducements that are not allowed
- update your marketing material, both printed and online, to remove inducements that are not allowed.
These changes will be introduced through rule 48B of the Child Care Subsidy Minister’s Rules 2017 from 1 January 2023.
Services you can continue to offer
You may continue to offer services such as:
- discounted or free care. However, note that this must be correctly reported if any Child Care Subsidy is being claimed
- transport to and from a service if this is part of your normal business practice
- advertise your service to prospective families and advertise free visits or trial periods
- issue marketing merchandise to the value off $30 per complying written agreement.
The Department may take action against providers that continue to offer inducements that are not permitted, so we encourage all our members to ensure they are compliant.
FDCA Learning Hub spotlight
Being the champion for children who are impacted by trauma and adversity
Available through your Member Zone, the FDCA Learning Hub offers members access to over 27 online courses that can be completed from the comfort of your home. Our expanded Learning Hub collection is made possible through our partnership with our Early Childhood Australia (ECA) colleagues. If you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to explore what is on offer!
Today we shine a light on the course: Being the champion for children who are impacted by trauma and adversity.
This course explores a range of topics on the detrimental effects of trauma in the early years. Trauma and adverse events can fall under many different categories. Regardless of the type or instances of occurrence, the impacts on growing brains can be enormous.
This course will help you to develop trauma-aware skills and learn how to foster trusting and secure relationships with children who have been exposed to trauma and adversity in their formative years, supporting them to build core life skills and providing a sense of belonging to buffer them from the effects of toxic stress.
To access the FDCA Learning Hub, click here.
Accessing the FDCA Learning Hub
To access the FDCA Learning Hub you will need to log into your FDCA Member Zone.
Simply log in and navigate to the “Learning Hub” sub-heading, where you’ll be taken to the home page.
What if I haven’t activated my FDCA Member Zone?
To activate your online account:
- Click here to activate your free account (for the best experience, use the latest Chrome browser)
- Enter your registered email address
- An email will then be sent to your email address; click on the 'create password' button
- Create and confirm your password
- Click here to login and enter your FDCA Member Zone.
Boost Your Business in 2023 with FDCA’s Market My Business Hub
As a member of FDCA, did you know that you have access to a range of FREE customisable resources that you can use to promote your family day care?
For many early childhood professionals and services, the time and cost involved in developing marketing materials is daunting.
That’s why, as your national peak body, we’ve developed a range of professionally crafted resources that you can access at no cost; taking the hassle out of marketing your business and giving you more time to do what you love.
What’s available in the Market My Business Hub?
All material in the Market My Business Hub has been designed on the back of extensive market research and sector consultation, so you can be sure that the material you order will resonate with your audience.
With a wide range of digital resources available in the Market My Business Hub, members can access:
- Promotional videos
- Testimonial videos from real educators
- Email banners
- Social media graphics
- Your own custom family day care logo
To access the Market My Business Hub, click here.
More than just great insurance
When educators and services insure with FDCA, they become part of the largest community of family day care professionals across Australia.
Our insurance packages include access to all the benefits of membership to support you and your business to thrive, including:
- Real-time business, administration and regulatory support
- The FDCA Locator Tool, to market your business to Australian families looking for care
- Access to over 27 online courses via the FDCA Learning Hub
- Free, customisable marketing materials and resources on the Market My Business Hub to help your business stand out from the crowd
- Australia’s only magazine dedicated to family day care, JiGSAW
- Weekly sector updates with FDCA's weekly e-newsletter Family Day Care Matters
- Access to discounted family day care legal services subscriptions
- A peak body that represents, supports and promotes the sector on a national scale
- Events and networking opportunities tailored to family day care
Trusted by educators and services for over 30 years, FDCA’s insurance packages will give you and your business the best possible protection - so that you can get on with the important job of providing quality education and care to children.
If you’d like to learn more about accessing your member benefits, or to simply have a chat with our friendly support staff, please call us on 1800 659 699 or send us an enquiry at email@example.com.